Thursday, November 19, 2009

Simplicity 2603 Cardi Wrap

I made the Simplicity 2603 wrap cardigan a couple of months ago.  I've already worn it a few times, but didn't get a chance to take any pictures until recently.  (This is the cardigan wrap that is the DKNY cozy knockoff.)  There are many ways to wear it, but these are my favorite.  Hahaha... I think my poses are awkward... oh well.




There are a ton of reviews on PatternReview.com here.  I LoVE this cardigan, and I will definitely be making it again.  I love the bold colors in the DKNY spread that Adrienne found... I just need to find the right colored drapey knit.

Some things I changed from the pattern are not adding the elastic at the neck and not hemming the edges.  Next time, I will make the sleeves full length... I tried to attach the bottom part of the sleeve but the seam was too bulky.  I ended up cutting it out.

9 comments:

Eliana said...

Wow, it's fits perfectly on you!!! You've so great inspirations for your sewing, aws!

meli88a said...

I made one of these, same color (good taste), and am wearing it today! I love the look with the bangle... I still have to get one so that I can do that.

Eugenia said...

No wonder you love this cardi - it looks fabulous on you - very elegant and stylish. Looks like you've done a fantastic job with this.

Faye Lewis said...

I love it!

Tanya said...

Very cute, I like all the views but the first is my favorite. LOVE your new glasses, you look good in them with your new haircut.

SuBoo said...

I totally want one - but did you need an overlocker to make this up or was a regular machine good enough? You've inspired me :)

Angela said...

Thanks, ladies!

lasandrou said...

I like your cardi! I've got the pattern in my stash but still haven't found time to sew it.

Angela said...

@lasandrou - You totally need to make it. It's one of my favorite items!