Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November Tops

Faye is hosting "The Months of Tops" sew-a-long, and I've decided to join in.  I'm always in need of tops and I haven't made too many of them.  I just cut out Simplicity 2601 in a black silk charmeuse, which is also part of my fall wardrobe.  (However, I've never sewn with silk so this should be an interesting experience.)  Here's the envelope front.



I'm not sure if this counts, but I have some unfinished tops that I plan to finish.  One is the above pattern in an Amy Butler quilting cotton print.  I also need to finish a Butterick 5100 tunic.

Along with all the above tops here are the others I plan on making this month.  (They're part of the fall wardrobe plan, too.)


It looks like I have my work cutout for me.  On top of these tops my youth group is having a musical and I'm overseeing the costume/make-up team.  We need to finish the costumes for dress rehearsal this Sunday... eek!  I hope we don't have too many left... I need to re-tally all that we have.




4 comments:

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

Oooh, I love the ruffles on that Simplicity top!

Karin van D. said...

Can't wait to see the tops. And costumes for a musical, how exciting! What kind of musical is it?

Angela said...

@A Sewn Wardrobe - I'll be making the black silk charmeuse with the ruffles. ^_^

@Karin - Thanks! The musical if made by our youth group at church and it will be about the book of Acts.

Faye Lewis said...

Love your pattern choices. I'll be looking in every day. Also love the idea of the ruffles.