Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 FO: Vogue 2980 Top

I finished this top sometime in December.  I used Sandra Betzina's Vogue 2980, which is the popular faux bolero top.  I love this top!  I was a little worried about the sizing on this pattern since it's mentioned several times in the reviews.  I went with my bust measurement, which gave me more leeway in the waist.  This leeway was definitely needed!



The only changed I made was not hemming the bottom of the shirt.  I used fusible tape, but I may need to go ahead and hem it since it's not staying very well.  We'll see how it is through the wash.  There are a couple more things that were finished before the end of 2009, but they'll have to wait since they're going through the wash.

Sewing machine update:  It's not fixed.  I'm borrowing my FIL's at the moment.

15 comments:

lasandrou said...

It's a beautiful top, i love the color and the faux bolero shape !!

meli88a said...

I love the neckline on this top!

alethia said...

Great top and the fit is awesome!

Sheila said...

The top looks great on you and the perfect color.

Angela said...

Thanks, everyone!

Andrea said...

This top looks great on you. I love the color. I just picked this pattern up this past weekend.

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice top! I made it twice but neither one turned out great for me. You did a great job.

Susan said...

I really love the color and style. I'm adding this to my PR wish list, now!

KID, MD said...

That is such a pretty pattern. It looks lovely on you. That color is perfect!

AllisonC said...

A really flattering top on you. And how cool that your FIL has a sewing machine!

Cennetta said...

Cute top.

Eliana said...

Suits you so perfectly! Congrats!

Angela said...

Thanks, ladies!!

prashant said...

love the neckline on this top!

Work from home India

Angela said...

Thanks, prashant!