Over the past weekend, I worked on a padded pouch... which was just pieced together with leftover fabric from this bag.
Pattern: none... just went with the flow
Fabric: Amy Butler remnants for the exterior, white sueded fabric for the interiof
Notions: poly/cotton batting, ribbon
I wanted the pouch to be medium size with pretty much a square bottom, and ended up with a pouch much bigger than what I originally wanted but it'll do for now.
Can you see why I wanted a padded pouch right away? I told myself I couldn't use it until I had a "case" to protect it.
Now it has room to fit my point and shoot, Fuji Instax, and my new camera! I was in such a rush and had a difficult time sewing through all the layers that I didn't care if my stitches were wonky and all over the place.
I created 2 "handles: by stringing a piece of ribbon through each side. I did this so I could carry on my shoulder if need be. For next time, I'd make it smaller, add an interior patch pocket and add interfacing. (I totally forgot the interfacing and then was too lazy to go back and add it... I really wanted to finish!)
Here are some of my first photos:
The back view is not very flattering... I think the angle of the camera's weird... I promiss my hem isn't that uneven. :P Have a beautiful day!!