I made the Vogue 1027 dress. It had many good reviews on PatternReview. The fabric is a poly/lycra matte jersey from Joann. I love the large geometric print and the jewel tones in it.
Here are a couple of changes I made to the pattern based on others' reviews.
1. Eliminated the elastic in the waist.
2. Eliminated the sleeve facings (I serged the edges and did a narrow hem).
3. Cut out extra pieces of the tie ends so the wrong sides won't show.
I ran into a few snags while working on this dress. I didn't have a large enough area to cut out the pattern pieces, which made it a little tricky. I also found it difficult to lay the matte jersey flat, which is mostly like due to the size of surface area. I normally make the pattern size that is one size down from what it should be based on measurements. However, I didn't have the smaller size and made the size I "should've been" based on the pattern size chart. The dress was rather large. I took in at least 1.5 inches at the sides around the waist. I also sewed the pockets in wrong. I didn't think through the process and made the pockets go towards the back of the dress instead of the front. I'm not sure how to fix this since I serged it to the bodice (oh well...).
I didn't like the dress at first. It seemed too bulky around my waist, but it's grown on me and now I like it. I just haven't decided on the length... I like it, but I wonder if I'd like it more if it was shorter. I don't own any dresses that are this length so maybe it's something I just need to get used to. Overall, I'm happy with my dress. :)
I really like the pleats on the bodice. Bodice & tie detail: (Please excuse the awkward shot.)